Northowram Scarecrow Festival Committee Meeting

9th February 2016 at Northowram Club

MINUTES

Present:           Steve Amos (SA)                                            Ian Marshall (IM)                                 

Jan Burrell (JB)                                               Alison (MacGrath) Priestley (AMP)

Peter Caffrey (PC)                                          Richard Priestley (RP)

                        Steve Collingwood (SC)                                  David Robinson (DR)

Sheila Hewitt (SH)                                           Rachel Robinson (RR)

                        Lynne Jagger (LJ)                                           Helen Silsden (HS)

Jonny Jowett (JJ)                                           Molly J Varley (MJV)

Ann Marie Luther (AML)                                 Leanne Watson (LW)

Emma Whelan (EW)

                                   

Apologies:       Andrea Collingwood (AC), Andy Garrett (AG), Sally Garrett (SG

 

Agenda Item

Notes

 

Action

1.

See Present and Apologies list above.  Introductions from all members were made.

 

 

2a.

The Minutes from the meeting on 12th January 2016 were approved with one amendment to the Present list.

 

 

2b.      

Matters Arising From Previous Minutes – Points from Item 2b from the last Minutes were carried forward (see below):-

 

i)               Get flagpole type banner for caravan – JB has now got the logo and height required for the banner and will share costs, etc. with the Committee in due course.

 

ii)              Memorial plaque – The approved wording has been sent to the printer who has been asked to use red or black colouring for the wording.  The printer will be sending an image of the plaque to AMP when completed who will then share with the Committee.

 

iii)             Plaques for projects funded by Community Fund – The Committee decided that the year of issue would not be included on any plaques.  It was agreed that the Scarecrow Committee logo would be added to the plaques and the wording for these was agreed.

 

Progress with Bids – AED bid   IM had obtained contacts to discuss issues relating to the AED.  The Sports Club had raised the question of having the AED situated there.  It was suggested that a bid be submitted and this could then be taken forward.  IM would discuss with the Sports Club and provide an update at the next meeting.

 

Website Advertising – The event had now been advertised on the Calderdale website.  AMP to send the Scarecrow flyer to HS who would action putting this on WhatÕs On In Yorkshire website.  HS also to look into advertising in the Northowram/Shelf/Southowram magazine and also the Grapevine.

 

Points from Item 5 Publicity/Leaflets – All leaflets had been delivered.  A letter box was now situated outside the Newsagents for completed registrations.

 

 

SC had tried to get hold of previous emails sent to the Committee.  He would then chase previous registrations to see if they are interested in registering for 2016.  AG to be chased for this information again.

 

Points from Item 6 Any Other Business:-

 

a)    Jewellery – All items had been ordered at £1.00 per item.

 

b)    Advertising Banners – Extra banners had been obtained and an invoice for these had been submitted to the Committee.  These would be put up at RobinsonÕs Farm Shop and the main road (DR), Frank Chislets (PC), Northowram Club (JB), Shoulder of Mutton (SH), Newsagents (HS), Stump Cross Inn, Duke of York (By WHO?).  IM to check if one could be put up on Baxter Lane by the school.  It was also suggested that Shibden Mill Inn be approached to see if they could find a place for a banner.  AC to liaise with VW, Lightcliffe to see if one could be hung there.

 

d)    Letters of Thanks - A letter had been received from St MatthewÕs Church thanking the Committee for the donation towards the quiet garden and benches.  It was noted that the original invoices for this needed to be obtained from AG.  AMP to chase AG for the invoices.

 

e)    Northowram.Org Website – AMP had discussed with Mike Beecham about having someone as a back up support for the website.  Mike had responded that he did not require any support for this at present.

 

 

 

JB

 

 

 

 

 

AMP

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IM

 

 

 

HS

HS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SC/AG

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DR/PC/JB/SH/HS/?/IM

AMP

AC

 

 

 

 

 

AMP

 

 

 

 

3.

ChairÕs Report

No ChairÕs report was given as the Chair had sent apologies.

 

Halifax Council had also agreed to pay £400 towards this yearÕs lights.  It was agreed that this would be kept in the Scarecrow Committee Account but must be removed from the account and used by 30th July 2016 (end of the financial year).

 

 

 

 

 

4.

Table of Tasks

e)    Vehicle Rally/Parade – JB would speak with Northowram Club to see if the Parade could set off from there.

 

f)     Street Market/Sale of Goods – Sue Gibson from the Community Centre would speak to the relevant person there regarding when a market could be held over the Scarecrow weekend.  It was noted that if the market was held on the Sunday, stallholders would not be able to set up until 12.00.  There was also the question of whether the Committee would be charged for use of the Centre.  PC to obtain a decision from the Community Centre at the meeting on Thursday 11th February.

 

There was also a suggestion that on one of the dates over the weekend, a Village Fete type event be held in the field at Robinsons Farm Shop which could also incorporate the Northowram Bake Off.  A decision on this would be given to the Committee.

 

g)    Boundary Run – LJ agreed to obtain rosettes for the winners and all children who enter the run.  A check on stocks of rosettes would be done and numbers of extra rosettes would be given to LJ.

 

 

JB

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DR/RR

 

 

 

AMP/LJ

 

 

5

Raffle

Local businesses had been approached and this item was now complete.

 

 

 

 

 

 

6.

ChildrenÕs Games

The venue for the games had been confirmed and would be held outside the Doctors.  AMP to write to the surgery to confirm this and extend the CommitteeÕs thanks.  A sub group to organise the games was agreed.

 

 

AMP

 

 

7.

Northowram Bake Off

SA circulated a proposed poster to advertise the Bake Off for any comments.  AMP would finalise the poster.  A venue and actual date for the Bake Off was still to be agreed.  It was suggested that this could be at Robinsons Farm Shop if the Village Fete idea was agreed.  There was agreement that Northowram Bake Off aprons, bearing the Scarecrow Committee logo, would be a suitable prize.  This item would be brought forward to the next Agenda.

 

 

AMP

8.

Any Other Business

Signs on the caravan will be replaced with new ones.

 

It was noted that a new volunteer would possibly attend the next meeting with JB.

 

 

9.

Date And Time of Next Meeting

Tuesday 8th March 2016 at 7.30 p.m.  To be held at The Shoulder of Mutton