Northowram Scarecrow Festival Committee Meeting

12th July 2016 at Northowram Club

Present:           Jan Burrell (JB)                                               Richard Priestley (RP)            

Steve Collingwood (SC)                                  David Robinson (DR)

Sheila Hewitt(SH)                                            Rachel Robinson (RR)                         Jonny Jowett                                                  Molly J Varley (MJV)  

Ian Marshall (IM)                                              Emma Whelan (EW)                                                                            

Apologies:  Steve Amos (SA), Andrea Collingwood (AC), Ann-Marie Luther (AML), Alison MacGrath Priestley (AMP), Helen Silson (HS)

Absent:  Peter Caffrey (PC), Diane Calcott (DC), James Cole (JC), Lynn Jagger (LJ), Jason Rooke (JR), Leanne Watson (LW)

 

Agenda Item

Notes

 

Action

1.

See Present, Apologies and Absent list above.

 

 

2.

The Minutes of the meetings on 10th May 2016 and 14th June 2016 were approved.

 

Matters Arising From Meeting on 10th May:

3d) JC to update on any further developments on Nottyowram Facebook profile at meeting in August.

 

5) Risk Assessment:  Public Liability Insurance – advice to be obtained re this and also look at use of disclaimers  - to be added to the Agenda for August meeting for an update from SA.

 

Matters Arising from Meeting on 14th June:

5) Proposed changes to Constitution – to be added to the Agenda for August meeting.

 

6) JR had been copied in on all correspondence and Minutes.  SC to update Scarecrow Committee distribution list.

 

A cut off date of 31st July was agreed for unclaimed raffle prizes.  Following this date SH would raffle off unclaimed prizes and ensure any money raised would be added to the Committee Fund.

 

Northowram Club had agreed to site the AED if no other site could be found.

 

 

 

 

JC

 

 

SA

 

 

 

 

AMP

 

 

SC

3.

Ratification of Bids

 

The following bids had been submitted and funds had been agreed:

 

Northowram in Bloom – for seeds, equipment, etc.  It was noted that volunteers from Northowram School, Brownies and Beavers would be helping with the project.

 

Light Up Northowram – for more Christmas lights for the village.

 

Heywod Church – for extra tables, which could also be used by other village groups.

AED bid, subject to finding an appropriate site.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4.

Any Other Business

IM asked if there had been any developments relating to the Information Caravan flag/banner.  A flexible flagpole had been ordered.  JB to obtain prices for a flag in case it was decided to have one for the next event.

 

SC had details of 4 scarecrow festivals:  Muston on 30th July, Kettlewell on 13th – 21st August, Thornton le Dale – August Bank Holiday weekend and Norland in September.  It was agreed Committee Members would try to attend some of these to what other festivals were like.

 

SC had received an email from Mike Beecham requesting funds for the Northowram.org website.  SCs son had started to set up a scarecrow website and an update re this would be provided at the August meeting.

 

It was noted that donations to the Scarecrow Fund had been received from Heywood church and Royds Ice Creams.

 

A Scarecrow Committee letterhead had been put together which could now be used for any communications, e.g. letters of thanks, etc.

 

RP to liaise with AMP to discuss with the printers about plaques being put together with details on them of what the Committee had funded.

 

Mike and Pauline Turner had asked if the Committee could help with replacing a bench at Lydgate and adding to it the memorial plaque on the old bench.  It was suggested that this was picked up going forwards as a mini project.

 

 

 

JB

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SC

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ALL

5.

Date And Time Of Next Meeting

Tuesday 9thth August 2016 at the Shoulder of Mutton at 7.30 p.m.