Northowram Scarecrow Festival Committee Meeting

12th April 2016 at Northowram Club

MINUTES

Present:           Steve Amos (SA)                                            Ian Marshall (IM) (Part)                       

Jan Burrell (JB)                                               Alison (MacGrath) Priestley (AMP)

Peter Caffrey (PC)                                          Richard Priestley (RP)

                        Steve Collingwood (SC)                                  Molly J Varley (MJV)

Sheila Hewitt (SH)                                           Leanne Watson (LW  

                        Jonny Jowett ((JJ                                           Emma Whelan (EW)

 

In Attendance: Jason Rooke (JR), James Cole (JC)

Apologies:       Andrea Collingwood (AC), Andy and Cheryl Hutchinson (AH and CH),  Lynne Jagger (LJ),

Ann-Marie Luther AML), David and Rachel Robinson (DR and RR), Helen Silson(HS)

 

Agenda Item

Notes

 

Action

1.

See Present, In Attendance and Apologies list above.  Introductions from all members and attendees were made.

 

 

2a.

The Minutes from the meeting on 8th March 2016 were approved with one amendment to the Present list.

 

 

2b.      

Matters Arising From Previous Minutes – Points carried forward (see below):-

 

i)               Get flagpole type banner for caravan – The graphic for the banner had still not been received – JB to chase this up.  If this was not received by the end of the week, the banner would not be ordered for this yearŐs event.

 

d)  Letters of Thanks – The invoices for the works done at St MatthewŐs Church had still not been received from Andy Garrett.  AMP would chase these again.

 

Items carried forward from Item 6 Any Other Business:

 

Linda Hey (face painter) had been contacted and would face paint on the Saturday and Monday of the event.  She had agreed to contribute Ł15 per day for her pitch, which would be situated with the ChildrenŐs Games.

 

Royds Ice Cream had been contacted and they had agreed to provide an ice cream van in the village over the weekend and make a contribution to the event.  Contribution to be agreed with Royds.  The event programme would be sent to Royds with suggested locations as to where to situate the van.  A sign would also be offered to Royds stating that they were the official ice cream sponsors for the event.  SC to liaise with Royds.

 

MJV had been approached by Mileys Coffee Shop who had offered a burger van for the event.  Due to the number of BBQs being held over the weekend, it was agreed that this would not be required.  Thanks would be passed on, with the offer of providing one at the Christmas Lights event instead.

 

ASA Nicholson had been approached, but could not provide a judge for the Bake Off.  D Pepper had spoken to AMP and said she would try and provide one instead – AMP awaiting a response.  MJV would speak to the Wi and Mrs Faulkes to see whether they could provide judges.

Discussion on admin of the Facebook page was deferred until the May meeting.

 

 

 

JB

 

 

 

AMP

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SC

 

 

 

MJV

 

 

 

 

AMP/

MV

3.

ChairŐs Report

Nothing to note.

 

 

 

4.

Table of Tasks

See attached table for progress updates.

 

 

 

5.

Any Other Business

James Cole (JC) attended the meeting to talk about Northowram in Bloom – a group he had started with James Shepherd to brighten up Northowram with flowers and plants  He had registered with Yorkshire and Britain in Bloom.  The initial aim of the group would be to plant around Northowram Club and the Memorial site.  The group were looking for support and help from volunteers, and also any spare equipment which anyone could donate.  A facebook page had been set up and posters were being circulated to advertise the group.  A set date/time for volunteers to come and help would be decided going forwards (this was likely to start at the end of May).  JC was proposing to put a bid to the Committee for funds.  The Committee agreed to fully support any bid.  The group would also be advertised in the next Scarecrow Newsletter.

 

It was noted that all volunteers for the Scarecrow weekend would be issued with official ŇVolunteerÓ badges.

 

It was noted that the Local Life magazine had advertised the event.

 

JC asked if power was required for the Information Caravan.  It has a 13 Amp plug which is sufficient.

 

PC had arranged for a fire engine to be present at the event – a location for this needed to be agreed.

 

PC asked for a trail route so that this could be provided to the Council who could ensure the route/streets were cleaned ahead of the event.  AMP to forward to PC.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AMP

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PC

 

 

 

AMP

7.

Date And Time of Next Meeting

Tuesday 19th April 2016 at 7.30 p.m.  To be held at The Shoulder of Mutton.