Northowram Scarecrow Event Committee Meeting

9th August 2016 at Northowram Club

Present:                       Steve Amos (SA)                                Alison (MacGrath) Priestley (AMP)

Richard Priestley (RP)             Steve Collingwood (SC)                                  Rachel Robinson (RR)             Sheila Hewitt (SH)                                           Molly J Varley (MJV)                           Lynn Jagger (LJ)                                 Jonny Jowett (JJ)                               Ian Marshall (IM)

Peter Caffrey (PC)                                                                             

 

In Attendance:             Kalon Collingwood (KC)

 

Apologies:  Jan Burrell (JB), Ann-Marie Luther (AML), David Robinson (DR,) Helen Silson (HS) James Cole (JC) Andrea Collingwood (AC) Emma Whelan (EW) Leanne Watson (LW)            

Note:  The meeting was quorate

 

Item

Notes

Action

1.

See Present and Apologies list above.

 

2.

a)    The Minutes and Matters Arising from the meeting on 12th July 2016 were approved.

b)    Matters Arising from the minutes of 12th July meeting:-

i) Raffle – SH and JJ to co-ordinate a raffle of all unclaimed prizes.

ii) AED – IM has funding and PC pursuing location for AED;

iii) JB pursuing flag – defer to October meeting in JBs absence;

iv) Scarecrow Events visited – Muston, Guisburn, Kettlewell, Thornton-le-Dale and Norland;

v) Suggestion to up-grade the bench on Lydgate – JJ to find out history;

 

3.

Risk Assessment – Public Liability Insurance

SA outlined costs for public liability insurance, matter to be progressed to ensure all appropriate actions taken.

 

 

 

4.

Proposed changes to Constitution

AMP tabled a revised Aims & Objectives and Roles & Responsibilities.  All had the opportunity to comment on changes and revised documents will go to AGM.

 

 

5.

Any Other Business

a)    SH to auction Wallace and Gromit at August Bank Holiday during IPD gig;

b)    Website development KC has been working on a possible bespoke website.  SC to keep Mike Beecham informed of progress.

c)    The annual accounts have been sent to the Auditors.

d)    LJ proposed doing a dog agility event next year.  Item carried forward to November meeting.

e)    RP – October meeting to review future Events and what will be included.

 

 

 

 

 

 

6.

Date And Time Of Next Meetings

       AGM Tuesday 13th September at Northowram Club at 7.30 p.m.

      Tuesday 11th October 2016 at 7.30pm at The Shoulder of Mutton

      Tuesday 8th November 2016 at 7.30pm at Northowram Club

      Tuesday 10th January 2017 at 7.30pm at The Shoulder of Mutton

      Tuesday 14th February 2017 at 7.30pm at Northowram Club

      Tuesday 14th March 2017 at 7.30pm at The Shoulder of Mutton

      Tuesday 11th April 2017 at 7.30pm at Northowram Club

      Tuesday 18th April 2017 at 7.30pm at The Shoulder of Mutton

      Tuesday 25th April 2017 at 7.30pm at Northowram Club

2017 Scarecrow Event Saturday 29th, Sunday 30th April and Monday 1st May

      Tuesday 9th May 2017 at 7.30pm at The Shoulder of Mutton

      Tuesday 11th July  2017 7.00 Bids Subgroup meets-Northowram Club

      Tuesday 11th July  2017 at 7.30pm at Northowram Club

      Tuesday 8th August 2017 at 7.30pm at The Shoulder of Mutton

Tuesday 12th September 2017 at 7.30pm AGM at Northowram Club