Notes of Northowram Scarecrow Festival

Committee meeting

Scarecrow          9th April 2013

          Yew Tree Inn

Present:

Name:

Initials:

 

Andy Garrett

Sally Garrett

Richard Priestley

Alison MacGrath Priestley

Steve Amos

Helen Silson

Sheila Hewitt

Jan Burrell

David Robinson

Rachel Robinson

Andrea Warrington

Jonny Jowet

Dave Midgley

AG

SG

ERP

AMP

SA

HS

SH

JB

DR

RR

AW

JJ

DM

Attending:

Paul Slade

Carol Deeks

PS

CD

           

Agenda item no:

 

Notes:

 

Action:

1.

Apologies:-

Peter Caffrey

Mike Turner

Kay Panesar

Jonathan Mitchell

 

2. a)

Notes from meeting 12th March 2013 – approved

 

 

2. b)

Matters arising:–

AW sent a news update to the PTFA at school.

AMP sent the Scarecrow registration form to School for inclusion in the parents newsletter

 

 

 

 

3.

ChairÕs report

Welcome to all attending.  Thanks to all those who have worked so hard over recent weeks in developing this yearÕs trail questions particularly those not on the committee who have volunteered their time to this task.  Raffle prizes are starting to come in.  The banners have been received and Peter Caffrey is working with the Council on the memorial.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All to note

4.1

 

 

4.2

 

 

 

 

 

4.3

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4.4

 

 

 

 

4.5

 

 

4.6

 

 

 

 

4.7

 

Memorial progress as above – Peter will update at the next meeting.

 

Reminder letter to go out to all.  This to include info re how money is being spent, as a number of people have been asking about this.  Therefore a `forewordÕ to be developed for the website and this to be included in the reminder letter.

 

 

Activities:-

i)    Routes and maps along are now complete - approved. 

ii)   AMP has transferred the questions to a publisher document that can be printed off for sale.  Final version to next meeting.

 

iii) ChildrenÕs games & activities

iv)  Cake stalls

v)   Disco

vi)  Live music

All the above are now collated in a schedule of events/activities.  Programme tabled for approval, which will be published on the website and in hard copy posters.  Approved subject to minor additions.  Prizes to be purchased by AW and JM

 

vii)  3 legged walk – List of where the walk is welcome to be included on the programme.

 

viii)                  Car boot sale – on programme.

 

ix)  Parade – all last yearÕs vehicles to attend again.

 

The app will not be developed this year as information not available in time.  All to note that if this is an option for next year the programme/schedule needs to be complete by January at the latest.

 

Registration forms – circulated (regrettably it includes reference to the app, however too late now to alter)

 

Risk assessment for the event tabled and this will be updated as required.

Volunteers discussed AMP to list all those who have offered to help over the weekend.

 

Stakeholder involvement in covered throughout the agenda by the wide representation attending the meeting and involved in the planned event.

PC

 

 

 

 

 

AMP &SG

 

 

 

 

 

 

AMP

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AMP

AW & JM

 

AMP

 

All to note

 

All to note

 

 

 

 

All to note

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AMP

 

 

5.

Any other business:-

a)    DM to visit The Duke of York to discuss what level of involvement they want in the event.  It was noted that they have a fundraising day on the Monday and that they have already said the 3 legged walk was welcome.

 

 

 

 

DM

6.

Date, Time and Venue of next meeting:

 

Tuesday 16th April 2013, 7.30pm at The Shoulder of Mutton

Tuesday 23rd April 2013, 7.30pm at Northowram Club

Tuesday 30th April 2013, 7.30pm at The Yew Tree Inn

 

 

 

 

All to note