Notes of Northowram Scarecrow Festival Committee meeting

8th April 2014

Northowram Club

Present:

Name:

Initials:

 

Andy Garrett

Richard Priestley

Alison (MacGrath) Priestley

Sally Garrett

Jonny Jowett

Molly J Varley

Ann-Marie Luther

Shelia Hewitt

Peter Caffrey

Jan Burrell

Carol Deeks

Sarah Priestley

Julie Briscoe

Helen Silson

Rachel Robinson

AG

RP

AMP

SCG

JJ

MJV

AML

SH

PC

JB

CD

SP

JBr

HS

RR/DR

Attending:

Marilyn Burton – Heywood Church

Paul Slade – Community Centre

Tony Lewis – Queen Victoria

Sarah RushforthNorthowram School

MB

PS

TL

SR

           

Agenda item no:

 

Notes:

 

Action:

1.

Apologies:-

David Midgley and Steve Amos

 

 

2. a)

Notes from meeting 11th March 2014 – approved.

 

 

2. b)

Matters arising:–

 

Item 4 b) – should read:- The recommendations from the sub-group will then be brought to the full meeting for consideration and validation.

 

 

 

 

3.

The ChairŐs report:-

á      Thanks to RP for Chairing the last meeting.

á      The number of scarecrows being registered is growing.

á      Boys Brigade have been emailed – no response to date.

á      Chair to contact Courier this week re article.  SR suggested quicker to send an article and photo to the newsdesk direct.

á      The map has been developed and thanks go to Richard Pearson for his efforts with that.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

AG sending

 

All to note

4.

a)     Banking arrangements are in hand.

 

b)     Memorial update - PC updated he has been assured that the stone would be ready for 1st May.  RR confirmed that DR will dig out the site in preparation – date tbc.  

 

c)      Funding Sub-group/Bids (due to the developmental nature of this process this item was discussed in a closed meeting for committee members only).

                  i.         A form to be developed to score/rate bids;

                ii.         A time-frame to be set for future to ensure equity;

               iii.         More information to be obtained on one of the bids;

               iv.         Decision deferred until next meeting.

 

d)     Newsletter – It was agreed that it was not necessary to publish another newsletter before this yearŐs event.  A drop leaflet/flyer to be distributed.

All to note

 

 

 

PC/RP/DR

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All to note

 

 

 

SG/MJV/AML

5.

Scarecrow Event 2014

a)    A combined schedules of activities tabled and checked.  AMP to develop the programme in readiness for printing

 

b)    JBr tabled an outline of childrenŐs activities. Access to the School grounds has been agreed and the loan of games/equipment on Sunday & Monday.  The Committee expressed gratitude to the school for their co-operation and support with this.

 

The subject of Insurance was discussed and it was agreed that:-

                        i.         Activities run by the school/PTFA was covered by their insurance;

                       ii.         Archery – run by the Scouts was covered by their insurance;

                     iii.         In all other activities the disclaimer stands.

 

c)    Stalls to be at Indoor Market in the Yew Tree.

 

d)    Advertising – adverts to be placed in the brochure as last year and AMP to contact local newsletters to promote the event. 

 

e)    Banners – AMP and JB have tried without success to get banners in time for this year.  Agreed to erect banners we have for now and order new for next year.

 

f)      Maps and Trail Questions – AMP and AG have revised the questions for the trail this now needs to be prepared for printing.

 

 

AMP

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All to note

 

SG

 

 

 

AMP

 

 

 

All to note

 

 

 

All to note

 

 

6.

 

Any other business:-

á      Magazines/newspapers to be contacted – Grapevine, Courier and T&A

á      Judges for the Scarecrow competition – MJV stepping down, other two to continue. Potential for another.

á      Raffle tickets – SG to get and to be distributed in time.

á      Raffle prizes – agreed SG to purchase main prizes.

á      3 Legged Charity Walk – as last year.

 

 

 

AMP/SG/AG

 

All to note

SG/JJ

SG/JJ

All to note

 

7.

Date, Time and Venue of next meeting:

 

Wednesday 16th April 2014, 7.30pm at The Yew Tree

 

 

All to note