Notes of Northowram Scarecrow Festival

Committee meeting

23rd April 2013

Northowram Club

Present:

Name:

Initials:

 

Andy Garrett

Sally Garrett

Richard Priestley

Alison MacGrath Priestley

Sheila Hewitt

Jan Burrell

Jonny Jowet

Dave Midgley

Peter Caffrey

Lynn Jagger

Mike Turner

Andrea Warrington

Steve Amos

David Robinson

AG

SG

ERP

AMP

SH

JB

JJ

DM

PC

LJ

MT

AW

SA

DR

Attending:

Kay Panesar

KP

           

Agenda item no:

 

Notes:

 

Action:

1.

Apologies:-

Jonathan Mitchell

Rachel Robinson

Sarah Priestley

Helen Silson

 

 

2. a)

Notes from meeting 16th April 2013 – approved subject to the amends below.

 

 

2. b)

Matters arising:–

Item (4.1) should include reference to the CouncilÕs Planning dept requiring a lower wall for the proposed memorial.

 

 

 

 

3.

ChairÕs report

Nothing to report this week – the Chair deferred to the agenda.

 

 

4.1

 

4.2

 

 

4.3

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4.4

 

 

 

4.5

 

4.6

 

 

 

No further action in regard to the memorial at present.

 

List of prizes tabled, AMP to type up so that it can be advertised with ticket sales.

 

Activities:-

i)    Routes and maps to the printers this week. 

ii)   Final version of questions to the printers this week.

iii) ChildrenÕs games & activities – price agreed £1 each

Things required:- Lolly pops; Full Jam Jars; Diary; Sweets; Tombola drum (AMP to supply)

 

iv)  Cake stalls

v)   Disco

vi)  Live music

Programme complete and on website. Prizes to be purchased by AG and JJ.  LJ to provide rosettes

 

vii)3 legged walk – List of where the walk is welcome is now included on the programme. `Game PlayÕ rules to be devised and issued on the day.  Collection tins to be organised and each walker will be charged £1 for taking part.

 

viii)                  Car boot sale – on programme.

 

ix)  Parade – all last yearÕs vehicles to attend again.

 

Registration forms – circulated hopefully these are now being distributed widely.  The number of registered Scarecrows now in excess of 24.

 

Nothing to add at present to the Risk Assessment.

 

More volunteers required – SG and AMP have emailed, launched a fb page and texted friends to up the numbers of volunteers.  AW has drafted a schedule of what is required and the picture is a lot better than last week.  All volunteers to be invited to the next meeting 30/4/13 at Yew Tree.

 

 

 

AMP

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AG&JJ

LJ

 

 

 

 

 

AMP

 

 

 

AG

 

 

 

AG

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All to note

 

5.

Any other business:-

a)    The Council have offered to have a clean-up of the area prior to the Scarecrow Event.  AG thanked the Council for this very welcome offer.

 

b)    Banners – locations confirmed and ensure all up now

 

c)    List of amendments to programme, however it was pointed out that these had now been printed, laminated and circulated so too late for display. Errors are:-

1)    Pony rides not from Yew Tree but from School on Lower Lane

2)    Face Painting at School on Saturday

 

 

 

 

All to note

 

All to note

 

 

 

 

 

 

All to note

6.

Date, Time and Venue of next meeting:

 

Tuesday 30th April 2013, 7.30pm at The Yew Tree Inn

 

 

All to note