Notes of meeting of

Northowram Scarecrow Festival Committee meeting

 

The Yew Tree Pub

 

23rd October 2012

 

Present:

Name:

Initials:

 

Andy Garrett

Sally Garrett

Jonny Jowett

Mike turner

Richard Priestley

Alison (MacGrath) Priestley

Helen Silson

Shelia Hewitt

Sarah Priestley

Andrea Warrington

 

AG

SG

JJ

MT

ERP

AMP

HS

SHe

SP

AW

Attending:

Simon Warrington

Raj Panesr

Kay Panesr

SW

RP

KP

           

Agenda item no:

 

Notes:

 

Action:

1.

Apologies:-

Steve Amos – SA,

Dave Midgley – DM,

Sharon Hill – Shi,  

Lynn Jagger – LJ and

Peter Caffrey – PC

Future agendas to include introductions - AMP

2. a)

Notes from meeting 3rd July 2012 – accepted

 

2. b)

Notes from AGM 25th September 2012 –

a)    membership to include a representative of JackÕs Bar and the Northowram Club.

b)    Finance details to be completed – DM

 

Subject to above – accepted.

 

JJ – Jacks Bar AG – Club

 

 

To website - AMP

3.

Meeting rules & etiquette – Simple draft rules/tips from website tabled – accepted.

All to note

4.

Appointment of Vice Chair: Two nominees, blind vote taken – Richard Priestley appointed

All to note

5.

Timeline for 2013 festival – Agreed all tasks to be complete by January 2013 meeting (second Tues).  Chart of all tasks, member responsible and deadline to be produced and brought to next meeting (13/11/12) for approval

ERP to produce chart.

6.

 

a)    Booklet: agreed not to pursue this due to expense and provision of app more flexible and cost effective option.

b)    Raffle tickets: Agreed not to print tickets, but to release a list of raffle prizes – suggestions for prizes discussed.  DM & JJ to approach businesses for prizes and offer advertising space on app at same time.  RP to draft a letter to all business re prizes and advertising space – SG to post. 

AW to ensure all local business have tickets and prize list.

 

c)    Maps and Questions: AG and JJ to plot 3 routes, 1 x adult, 1 x child and 1 x wheelchair/buggy friendly route.  AG and a volunteer to devise the questions.

 

d)    Stickers to be obtained from Staples and printed up with 2013 to enable re-use of certificates, which were very popular this year.

 

No action.

 

DM & JJ

RP

SG

AW

ERP

 

 

 

AG & JJ

 

 

 

AMP

7.

Revitalise 3 legged walk – discussion around options, desire to engage teenagers and families in this event and to incorporate it into the festival.  Options:- disco for teenagers; disco for under 13s; 3 legged walk with age appropriate stalls on route (i.e. soft drinks, crisps etc).  Back to next meeting for decision.

All to consider

8.

Related Activities:

a)    Wreath– AW to organise purchase, ERP to make peg, all to attend on Sunday 11th to lay wreath at Triangle. Card to be printed ÒIn memory of all Northowram fallen soldiers.  Presented by the Northowram (Scarecrow Festival) Community FundÓ

 

b)    Community Centre – SG donating ½ proceeds from Christmas Fair to Community Centre fund other half to Scarecrow Festival.

 

c)    AG proposed no other donations promised until the memorial is complete and paid for – all agreed.

 

AW & ERP

All to note

 

 

 

 

SG

9.

App (apologies for the mis-naming of this item on the agenda).  Simon Warrington and Raj Panesr to develop an app for the Scarecrow Festival.  They demonstrated the Halifax Festival one they have done to give idea of how it would work.  All agreed this is the better option to costly printing of booklets, however agreed there will be hard copy schedules and maps for those not into technology.

All to note

10.

Any other business:

a)    Village Green – SG been made aware that it is available for use to the village.  Village Society looking into it.  SG & SP to attend Village Society and feedback.

b)    It was agreed that 4 x gazebos would be purchased for next yearÕs Festival.

c)    Car boot sale – do we want to do this again?

d)    Volunteers – Brownies, Guides, Adult Stewards. Volunteer Policy required – AMP to draft one.

e)    School input – SP to speak to school about possibility of working with Arts & Crafts group to make scarecrows

 

SG & SP

 

 

?

 

All to consider

 

AMP

 

SP

11.

Date, Time and Venue of next meeting:

Tuesday 13th November, 7.30pm at 22 The Square.

All to note