Notes of Northowram Scarecrow Festival Committee meeting

21st April 2015. Queen Victoria Inn

 

Present:

Name:

Initials:

 

 

 

Richard Priestley

Alison (MacGrath) Priestley

Molly J Varley

Ann-Marie Luther

Jan Burrell

Sheila Hewitt

Rachel Robinson

Lynn Jagger

Helen Silson

Steve Amos

Peter Caffrey

Tony Lewis

RP

AMP

MJV

AML

JB

SH

RR

LJ

HS

SA

PC

TL

 

 

 

Attending:

 

Ian Marshall – Boundary Run and Steve & Andrea Collingwood - Volunteers

Agenda item no:

 

Notes:

 

Action:

1.

Apologies:- Andy Garrett, Sally Garrett, Julie Briscoe and David Robinson

 

2. a)

Notes from meeting 14th April 2015 – approved.

 

 

2. b)

Matters arising – issues raised re caravan and boundary run  - to be covered under the agenda.

   

 

All to note

 

3.

The Deputy Chair welcomed everyone and gave the ChairŐs apologies for not being able to attend.  He passed on the Chairs thanks for all the support they have received. 

 

The chair has confirmed that 20 scarecrows have been registered so far.  However the registrations are coming in daily and this is a pattern that has been repeated in previous years.

 

 

 

 

 

 

All to note

 

4.

a) Boundary Run

Ian Marshall attended re the boundary.  He has run the course and outlined the route.  The water station to be mobile manned by Steve Collingwood 1st stop at Brow lane. 

All pubs donating a few trays of bottled water.

 

b) Pool Tournament

A knockout pool tournament to be run over the Scarecrow w/e.  Knockout matches in each pub, 1st and 2nd place winners to quarter in the Shoulder on Saturday 2nd.  Semi Final in JackŐs Bar (note change of venue from advertised) on Sunday 3rd and Final in Queen Victoria on Monday 4th.

It was agreed that as we have been unable to locate a high profile player to play the winner, we will now offer prize money of half the entrance money to the winner plus trophy donated by RobinsonŐs Farm Shop.

 

c) Volunteers

Steve Collingwood – Drinks stations

Emma Burrell – Face painting & Glitter tattoos

Steve & Andrea Collingwood, Emma Naylor and Jamie Luther selling raffle tickets & collection buckets.   Schedule of time for volunteer activities and caravan cover to be circulated on email and finalised at next meeting

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All to note

 

 

 

 

 

 

All to note

5.

Programme & trail questions

The programme and trail questions have been finalised and proof read and are at the printers.  To be delivered next week.

 

 

All to note

6.

SCARECROW EVENT 2015

a) ChildrenŐs Games

Games purchased.  JBr has circulated a poster asking for volunteers to help on Sunday and Monday – more volunteers still required.  Tombola prizes required – members agreed to bring items to next meeting.

 

b) Local Involvement/suggestions

In line with the `Street marketŐ theme this year AMP has received a couple of requests to hold stalls:-

i)               Sure Start to hold a drop in to `build a scarecrowŐ on Saturday only.

ii)              A resident on Lydgate to sell cream teas.  Money raised to be divided between the Community Fund and Macmillan.

iii)            Lynn Jagger of the Riding School to organise a `Guess the weight of the LambŐ competition.

 

a)    c) Business commitment/village booklet

Raffle prizes to be collected throughout the week, then listed.  A very good response to the business commitment forms this year – all local businesses to be thanked for this.

 

The village booklet is out.  Full page on the Scarecrow Event as planned.

 

d) Plaques/sponsorship

AMP left message with College/Motivate re plaques for memorial site and for recipients of funding – Deferred until after this yearŐs event – on agenda for 12/5/15

 

e) Advertising/News Releases

HS to scope Street Life, Go Local, The Courier, T&A, Brighouse Echo and Huddersfield Examiner re promotional articles in the coming week in the lead-up to the Event.

AMP has contacted the Visit Calderdale website and will chase up this week.

 

f)  Raffle tickets/collections – ID Badges

ID badges developed and AG to sign.  Pubs and Clubs to note that people will only be sent to sell raffle tickets or make collections with the correct ID.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

MJV/AML/AMP

 

 

All to note

 

 

 

 

All to note

 

 

 

 

HS

 

All to note/AMP

 

 

 

 

All to note

7.

Charitable Status & Audit arrangements

PC dealing with arrangements for an audit of accounts.  This item deferred to after the scarecrow weekend and will be on the agenda for 12/5/15.

 

 

 

 

PC/RP/MJV/AML

8.

Any other business:-

a)    Jane Jennings email re bid for defibrillator for the village.  JJ to be invited to present to May meeting with colleague from YAS.

 

b)    Police Van not available – suggested Fire Service

 

c)    Cleaning and grass cutting by CMBC in hand.

 

 

 

 

AMP

 

PC

 

PC

9.

Date, Time and Venue of next meeting:

á      Tuesday 12th May 2015 7.30pm at the Shoulder of Mutton

á      Tuesday 4th August 2015 7.30 Subgroup meets for bids at Northowram Club. Note Change of date from 11th to 4th

á      Tuesday 18th August 2015 7.30pm at The Shoulder of Mutton

á      Tuesday 15th September 2015 7.30pm AGM at Northowram Club

 

2015 Northowram Scarecrow Festival 2nd, 3rd and 4th May 2015.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All to note