Notes of Northowram Scarecrow Festival Committee meeting

19th August 2014

Yew Tree Inn    

 

Present:

Name:

Initials:

 

 

 

Sally Garrett

Richard Priestley

Alison (MacGrath) Priestley

Molly J Varley

Ann-Marie Luther

Jan Burrell

Peter Caffrey

Steve Amos

SCG

RP

AMP

MJV

AML

JB

PC

SA

 

 

 

Attending:

 

There were no members of the public attending this meeting

Agenda item no:

 

Notes:

 

Action:

1.

Apologies:-

Andy Garrett, Carol Deeks, Shelia Hewitt, Jonny Jowett and Dave Midgley

 

 

2. a)

Notes from meeting 20th May 2014 – approved.

 

 

2. b)

Matters arising:– there were no matters arising from the minutes of the meeting on 20th May 2014 that were not covered on the agenda. 

 

 

AMP

 

3.

The Chair – nothing to report at this time

 

4.

a)     Financial

      The transfer to new signatories is complete.

      Financial report to be completed in time for publication at the AGM.

      Bids received by 31st July have been reviewed at a Sub-Group meeting on 5th August and 2 have met the criteria – the committee voted to approve both bids.  The one remaining bid needs more information AMP to obtain and sub-group to meet  again 2/9/14 to review.

Bidding form discussed and is to be adapted.

Plaque costs/wording discussed – to include Scarecrow image/ID and words sponsored by...

 

b)     Memorial Stone

Finishing the project requires some work on the road facing side of the stone.  Options discussed were something in stonework or wrought iron wreath or grid.  It was agreed to pursue the wrought iron option – AMP to contact colleges with a view to students taking it on as a project.

 

Groundwork to start soon – as per agreement with the council works dept. – PC to follow up.

 

Poppy wreath to be obtained for 11/11/14.  Remembrance ceremony at Memorial Stone at 11am that day.

 

The overall costs of developing the memorial stone will be included in the financial report at the AGM.

 

Wording for plaque discussed but deferred for a decision until the project is complete.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AMP

 

 

All to note

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AMP

 

 

PC

 

 

All to note

 

 

All to note

 

 

All to note

 

5.

Scarecrow Event 2015 – lessons learned.

      Caravan sourced – need to organise signwriting it.

      Newsletter to be published to coincide with the AGM.

      Communication – suggested papers circulated in advance of meeting for comment – to be discussed further at next meeting.

      Roles & Responsibilities drafted – to AGM & next meeting

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All to note

 

6.

Any other business:-

      Suggestions for newsletter – you said – we did

      Suggestions for donations/advertising form to include clear commitment from orgs to sponsor the event.

      Nominations form, suggestions form and Boundary Run form to be developed/updated for AGM.

      List of dates for meetings for the next year.

 

 

 

 

 

All to note

 

7.

Date, Time and Venue of next meeting:

 

      Tuesday 14th Oct 2014, 7.30pm at The Windmill Tavern

      Tuesday 18th November 2014 7.30pm at The Queen Victoria

      Tuesday 13th January 2015 7.30pm at The Yew Tree Inn

      Tuesday 10th February 2015 7.30pm at The Shoulder of Mutton

      Tuesday 10th March 2015 7.30pm at Northowram Club

      Tuesday 14th April 2015 7.30pm at The Windmill Tavern

      Tuesday 21st April 2015 7.30pm at The Queen Victoria

      Tuesday 28th April 2015 7.30pm at The Yew Tree Inn

      Tuesday 12th May 2015 7.30pm at the Shoulder of Mutton

      Tuesday 11th August 2015 7.30 Subgroup meets for bids – venue tbc.

      Tuesday 18th August 2015 7.30pm at The Yew Tree Inn

      Tuesday 15th September 2015 7.30pm AGM at Northowram Club

 

2015 Northowram Scarecrow Festival 2nd, 3rd and 4th May 2015.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All to note