Notes of Northowram Scarecrow Festival Committee meeting

16th April 2014

The Yew Tree

Present:

Name:

Initials:

 

Andy Garrett

Richard Priestley

Alison (MacGrath) Priestley

Sally Garrett

Jonny Jowett

Dave Midgley

Molly J Varley

Ann-Marie Luther

Jan Burrell

Carol Deeks

Helen Silson

Rachel & David Robinson

AG

RP

AMP

SCG

JJ

DM

MJV

AML

JB

CD

HS

RR/DR

Attending:

There were no members of the public attending this meeting

 

           

Agenda item no:

 

Notes:

 

Action:

1.

Apologies:-

Steve Amos, Peter Caffrey, Sarah Priestley, Sheila Hewitt and Julie Briscoe

 

 

2. a)

Notes from meeting 8th April 2014 – approved.

 

 

2. b)

Matters arising:– there were no matters arising from the minutes of the meeting on 8th April 2014.

 

 

 

 

3. a)

The ChairŐs report:-

 

á      Thanks to all for attending and specific thanks to AMP, RP and PC for extra efforts on specific issues.  In addition the Chair thanked Sarah Priestley and Julie Briscoe for all their efforts around the childrenŐs activities and specific thanks to Northowram School for opening up the school and loaning games and equipment – it is much appreciated.

 

á      The number of scarecrows being registered is growing.

 

á      Boys Brigade canŐt attend but will publicise it in their newsletter.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All to note

3. b)

Funding Bids Sub-group:

 

The Bids Sub-group met and reviewed 3 bids using a scoring tool which will be applied to all future bids.  Two of the three bids were successful and feedback will be provided to all three.  The Sub-groups decisions were validated unanimously by the Committee.

 

It was agreed that a timeframe was to be set for receiving and reviewing bids in the future.  The Bidding form is to be adapted to ensure all bids are submitted after the Scarecrow weekend and before 31 July each year.  They will then be reviewed in August and information/feedback provided at the AGM in Sept.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All to note

4.

a)     Banking arrangements are in hand.

 

b)     Memorial update - RP updated that the stone was to be laid on 1/5/14.  RP confirmed and DR will dig out the site in preparation. Discussion around official opening – AG to contact British Legion.  

 

c)      Advertising – Shelf, Northowram and Southowram Life have put a half page advertisement in their magazine. 

 

The Courier has inserted a piece in their `Local LifeŐ section.  AG to send a picture and article to them next week.

All to note

 

 

 

 

AG/RP/DR

 

 

 

 

 

 

AG

 

5.

Scarecrow Event 2014

a)    Draft programme tabled and checked.  Minor alterations to be done and sent to printers.

 

b)    ChildrenŐs Activities – Prizes and floats queried - all in hand.

 

c)    Stalls - change of plan, there is to be no indoor market at the Yew Tree this year and stall holders have been asked to set up at the Car boot sale this year.

 

d)    Banners – AMP and JB to work on new banners once this yearŐs event is over.

 

e)    Raffle – List of prizes/who donated them to be published

 

 

AMP

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JJ & AMP

 

 

6.

 

Any other business:-

á      3-Legged Charity Walk discussed.

á      A list of volunteers to man stalls/games for the ChildrenŐs Activities on Sunday and Monday to be developed.

 

 

 

All to note

 

 

JBr

7.

Date, Time and Venue of next meeting:

 

Tuesday 22nd April 2014, 7.30pm at The Shoulder of Mutton

 

 

 

All to note