Notes of Northowram Scarecrow Festival

Committee meeting

16th April 2013

Yew Tree Inn

Present:

Name:

Initials:

 

Andy Garrett

Sally Garrett

Richard Priestley

Alison MacGrath Priestley

Helen Silson

Sheila Hewitt

Jan Burrell

Jonny Jowet

Dave Midgley

Peter Caffrey

Sarah Priestley

Lynn Jagger

AG

SG

ERP

AMP

HS

SH

JB

JJ

DM

PC

SP

LJ

Attending:

Ann-Marie ?

 

           

Agenda item no:

 

Notes:

 

Action:

1.

Apologies:-

Mike Turner

Jonathan Mitchell

Andrea Warrington

David & Rachel Robinson

Steve Amos

 

2. a)

Notes from meeting 9th April 2013 – approved

 

 

2. b)

Matters arising:–

There were no matters arising that are not covered on the agenda.

 

 

 

 

3.

ChairÕs report

Nothing to report this week – the Chair deferred to PC for his report on the memorial (see 4.1 below).

 

 

4.1

 

 

 

 

 

4.2

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4.3

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4.4

 

 

4.5

 

4.6

 

 

 

PC updated on Memorial progress, he has met with the Head of Planning.  Planning permission is required and Planning would like a lower wall and a scale drawing, PC trying to locate a volunteer locally who can do this electronically and he will talk to Adrian Clee. 

 

Reminder letter drafted which includes a section on how money was spent.  This outline of the committee and financial arrangements to be placed in a prominent position on the Scarecrow page of the website. 

 

Prizes are now coming in.  Ryburne Windows have donated a door – this to be a top prize.  Other business have promised vouchers or a service, JJ to complete a list of prizes and pass to AMP so that it can be displayed where tickets are being sold

 

Activities:-

i)    Routes and maps are now complete with the addition of adverts these will be ready for the printers. 

ii)   Final version of questions, all three routes, tabled and approved.

iii) ChildrenÕs games & activities

iv)  Cake stalls

v)   Disco

vi)  Live music

Programme complete and on website. Prizes to be purchased by AG and HS as JM away.

LJ to provide rosettes

 

vii)3 legged walk – List of where the walk is welcome is now included on the programme. `Game PlayÕ rules to be devised and issued on the day.  Collection tins to be organised and each walker will be charged £1 for taking part.

 

viii)                  Car boot sale – on programme.

 

ix)  Parade – all last yearÕs vehicles to attend again.

 

Registration forms – circulated hopefully these are now being distributed widely.

 

Nothing to add at present to the Risk Assessment.

 

More volunteers required - discussed AMP & SG to list all those who have offered to help over the weekend and to devise a schedule so the workload is shared out fairly.

 

 

 

PC

 

 

 

 

 

AMP &SG

 

 

 

 

JJ

 

 

 

AMP

 

AMP

 

 

 

 

 

AG & HS

LJ

 

 

AMP

 

All to note

 

 

All to note

 

All to note

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AMP&SG

All to note

 

5.

Any other business:-

a)    Memorial, money/funding discussed. PC needs a breakdown of how much raised and he will look into the possibility of applying for a grant to help with the project.

b)    Police van to be at the club on Saturday and the Yew Tree on Sunday and Monday. Fire Engine tbc.

 

 

 

PC

 

SP

6.

Date, Time and Venue of next meeting:

 

Tuesday 23rd April 2013, 7.30pm at Northowram Club

Tuesday 30th April 2013, 7.30pm at The Yew Tree Inn

 

 

 

All to note