Notes of Northowram Scarecrow Festival Committee meeting

The Yew Tree – 15th January 2013

 

Present:

Name:

Initials:

 

Andy Garrett

Jonny Jowett

Richard Priestley

Sarah Priestley

Dave Midgley

Peter Caffrey

Lynn Jagger

Alison MacGrath Priestley

Jan Burrell (Northowram Club)

Steve Amos

AG

JJ

ERP

SP

DM

PC

LJ

AMP

JB

SA

Attending:

Paul Slade

Adrian Clee Northowram Landscapes

PS

AC

           

Agenda item no:

 

Notes:

 

Action:

1.

Apologies:-

Sally Garrett

Sheila Hewitt

Mike Turner

 

 

2. a)

Notes from meeting 18th December 2012 – approved

 

 

2. b)

Matters arising:–

a)Welcome to Jan Burrell representing Northowram Club.

b)School Input: SP updated on school desire to work with and be involved in the festival.

 

 

 

 

3.

The Chair deferred his report to allow for an indepth discussion and vote on proposals for the war memorial as Adrian Clee of Northowram Landscapes attending.

 

 

4.

The Chair welcomed Mr Clee, Northowram Landscapes attending the meeting to talk through the options for the memorial.  After some discussion and perusal of all the options, the Committee voted unanimously for option 3 for the memorial and option 3 for the surrounding wall.  

Peter Caffrey agreed to talk to planning to ascertain the next steps for the development.  It was agreed that the committee would write to neighbours overlooking the memorial and arrange to show the plans at the library as consultation.

 

 

 

 

 

All to note

 

PC

 

SG & AMP

5, 6 & 7.

Time-line

1)    Memorial - as discussed above.

2)    Raffle – SG & AMP to adapt last yearŐs letter for this year to include app development and request for unwanted Christmas presents.

3)    Acvities:-

i)  Routes and maps: 3 x routes drawn up

ii) Questions: AG has arranged for QŐs to be drafted

iii) ChildrenŐs games: AW to compile a list of games to be held either in Church field or on Village Green? PC to check access to village green.

SP to request volunteers for face painting.

iv) Cake stalls: Could each church do 1 day each?

v)  Disco: Scouts doing disco

vi) Live music: SG to draw up a schedule of events

vii)3 Legged Walk: PC & JM to meet and outline route

viii)Car Boot Sale: Shoulder of Mutton venue

ix)  Parade: AG to outline format & route

                                   

4)    App Development – SG to pass on USB stick to SW

5)    Scarecrows – SG to develop regisgration form

6)    Risk and Volunteers – disclaimer to be developed and included in risk assessment and all correspondence.  List of events to be included in risk assessment

7)    Stakeholder involvement – letter to all local business

 

Time-line to be updated as per the above

 

 

 

 

 

SG &AMP

 

 

 

 

 

PC

SP

?

PS

SG

PC & JM

SH

AG

 

SG

SG

 

AMP

SA

SG & AMP

 

ERP

8.

Any other business:-

a)    Are we having a Police van, Fire Engine etc this year?

b)    Publicity – banners need to be up soon and info posted on northowram.org website.

 

PC

 

ERP & AMG

9.

Date, Time and Venue of next meeting:

 

Tuesday 12th February 2013, 7.30pm at The Club.

 

 

All to note