Notes of Northowram Scarecrow Festival Committee meeting

14th January 2014

The Shoulder of Mutton

Present:

Name:

Initials:

 

Andy Garrett

Jonny Jowett

Richard Priestley

Alison (MacGrath) Priestley

Sally Garrett

Molly J Varley

Ann-Marie Luther

Shelia Hewitt

Helen Silson

Peter Caffrey

Sarah Priestley

AG

JJ

RP

AMP

SCG

MJV

AML

SH

HS

PC

SP

           

Agenda item no:

 

Notes:

 

Action:

1.

Apologies:-

Dave Midgley

Steve Amos

Rachel & David Robinson

Jan Burrell

Julie Briscoe

Carol Deeks

 

 

2. a)

Notes from meeting 12th November 2013 – approved.

 

 

2. b)

Matters arising:–

Discussion around the Christmas Fair.  To be an item on the agenda for the next meeting and ladies from the Methodist Church to attend next meeting.

 

 

 

 

AMP

3.

The ChairŐs report:-

 

The Chair had nothing to report that was not covered by the agenda. 

 

 

 

All to note

 

4.

a) Memorial update

PC updated that the artwork has been done and he stonemason is ready to start work on the stone.  We are still aiming to have the memorial erected before the Scarecrow Event in May.  Discussion around the work required to prepare the site.

b) Funding requests

There has been a suggestion raised to support the development of a skate park.  PC to liaise around site/venue for this and SP to find out more details from the proposer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

All to note

 

 

 

 

All to note

 

5.

Scarecrow Event 2014

á      Newsletter – circulated before Christmas.  Version 2 to be prepared by next meeting.

á      Letter to business – amended and ready for distribution with attachments, the bidding form, a blank schedule of activities and the suggestions form.  AMP to compile a list of all business and to prepare the packs for distribution.  MJV and AML to deliver.

 

 

AMP

 

 

 

 

AMP/MJV/AML

6.

Any other business:-

 

The Bank account to be changed to accommodate the new joint Treasurers.  Some research to be undertaken to ensure we have the best account for holding this community money.

 

JJ, DM, MJV and AML to go together to the bank to change the signatures and enquire re account.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JJ/DM/MJV/AML

7.

Date, Time and Venue of next meeting:

 

Tuesday 11th February 2014, 7.30pm at The Yew Tree

 

 

 

All to note