Notes of Northowram Scarecrow Festival Committee meeting

22 The Square - 13th November 2012

 

 

Present:

Name:

Initials:

 

Andy Garrett

Sally Garrett

Jonny Jowett

Mike Turner

Richard Priestley

Alison (MacGrath) Priestley

Sarah Priestley

Andrea Warrington

Dave Midgley

Steve Amos

Peter Caffrey

 

AG

SG

JJ

MT

ERP

AMP

SP

AW

DM

SA

PC

Attending:

Kay Panesr

Paul Slade (Scouts)

Jonathan Mitchell

KP

PS

JM

           

Agenda item no:

 

Notes:

 

Action:

1.

Apologies:-

Sharon Hill,  

Lynn Jagger

Sheila Hewitt

Helen Silson

 

 

2. a)

Notes from meeting 23rd October 2012 – accepted

 

 

2. b)

Matters arising:–

Committee to remain the same as last year as agreed at AGM, however

a)    Sarah Priestley to take the place of Sharon Hill who wishes to step down.

b)    AG to make contact with R & D Robinson to clarify if they wish to remain on the committee.

c)    JackÕs bar has been approached – Lindsay to attend

d)    Northowram Club also to be approached by AMP

 

Gazabos – agreed businesses would provide their own and a number offered on loan – agreed to purchase a mini marquee for childrenÕs event only.

 

Community Centre – PS to act as link person with the Community Centre as well as Scouts.  All agreed we should be supporting the campaign to keep the Community Centre open

 

 

 

 

 

AG

 

DM

AMP

 

All to note

 

 

 

PS

3.

Laying poppy wreath – Chairman reported on the success of laying the wreath on the memorial site on 11/11 he has received lots of positive comments. 

Chairs thanks to AW for organising procurement of the wreath. Agreed AW to be reimbursed from £40 cash held – as donation required for wreath committee £20 agreed.

 

All to note

4.

Memorial progress report – design options plus estimates to next meeting for approval.  Marshals being approached for stone/sponsorship - SG.  Committee agreed to undertake groundwork/preparation of site to minimise costs.  Once design agreed PC to take to Council for approval.

 

All to note

SG

 

PC

5.

Timeline for 2013 festival – draft chart outlining tasks tabled.  Agreed this is a live document which should be a standing agenda item for updates, possibility for task groups to evolve around specific tasks reporting back to committee.

 

All to note

ERP to update

6.

 

Updates:-

a)    App development: memory stick prepared for inclusion on website. £50 full page/£30 half page for advertising on app. App to pin-point all registered scarecrows.

 

b)    Raffle prizes: DM & JJ have agreed to collect after Christmas as at this time a lot of demands on businesses.  Letter to be drafted – PC to forward last yearÕs letter to AMP

 

c)    Maps and Questions:  Kiddies route and wheelchair friendly route been looked at.  Full route to be completed before next meeting.  Questions to be developed following completion of routes.

 

d)    Village Society: SG, SP & ERP to attend next meeting 28th Nov re village green.

 

e)    Car Boot Sale: Agreed to include in schedule of events for weekend.  Venue – Shoulder of Mutton

 

f)      Volunteers: discussion around what is required legally in regard to using volunteers.  AMP looked at policies but none relevant to NSF status (non charitable organisation).  AMP & SA to do further research. PS to approach Scout leaders to act as volunteers.  Also want to look at Girl Guides and Brownie leaders for this.

 

g)    School Input: SP updated on willingness of school to be involved.  She will speak to Head before next meeting to get agreement for her to work with arts and crafts group in school to design and construct scarecrows.

 

 

SG

 

 

 

DM & JJ

 

AMP

 

 

AG & JJ

 

 

 

 

SG, SP & ERP

 

 

SG

 

 

AMP & SA

 

 

PS

 

 

 

SP

7.

Revitalise 3 legged walk – Chair deferred this item to next meeting for discussion and decision.  AW canvassing young people for ideas for the future of the walk.

 

Deferred

All to consider

AW

8.

Any other business:

a)    Registration for scarecrows – agreed needed to ensure all scarecrows are pin-pointed on the app.  SG to draft form and bring to next meeting.

 

 

b)    Business involvement  – JM asked for businesses to be involved from the beginning.  They will have posters and maps/questions to distribute.  The committee is keen for all businesses, groups and organisations to be involved

 

c)    Raffle prizes – suggestion for a call to go out for unwanted Christmas presents to be donated as raffle prizes.

 

d)    Minutes -  AMP committed to minutes to Chair for checking within 2 weeks of meeting and then being circulated in draft form to members on email prior to the meeting.  This will enable members to check on tasks assigned to them in a timely manner.

 

 

SG

 

 

 

 

All to note

 

 

 

 

All to note

 

 

 

AMP

 

9.

Date, Time and Venue of next meeting:

 

Tuesday 11th December, 7.30pm at The Shoulder of Mutton.

 

 

All to note