Notes of Northowram Scarecrow Festival Committee meeting

13th January 2015

 

 

Present:

Name:

Initials:

 

 

 

Andrew Garrett

Sally Garrett

Richard Priestley

Alison (MacGrath) Priestley

Molly J Varley

Ann-Marie Luther

Jan Burrell

Julie Briscoe

Peter Caffrey

Steve Amos

Sheila Hewitt

Rachel Robinson

David Robinson

Helen Silson

AG

SCG

RP

AMP

MJV

AML

JB

JBr

PC

SA

SH

RR

DR

HS

 

 

 

Attending:

 

Steve & Andrea Collingwood volunteering to help at this yearŐs event.

 

Agenda item no:

 

Notes:

 

Action:

 

Kate Wileman, President Shibden WI and three members of the WI attended the meeting.  As this was not pre-organised the item they wished to discuss was not on the agenda.  It was agreed the Chair would write to Ms Wileman outlining the options open to the WI to be involved in the organisation.

 

 

1.

Apologies:-

No apologies were received for this meeting.

 

 

2. a)

Notes from meeting 18th November 2014 – approved.

 

 

2. b)

Matters arising – there were no matters arising from the notes of the 18/11/14 meeting.   

 

All to note

 

3.

The Chair welcomed everyone especially those volunteering.

 

A number of people have spoken to the Chair about this yearŐs event and what they can do to be involved.  The Chair paid tribute to all those wishing to be involved this early in the year all their ideas were welcomed and will be put forward.

 

The village looked lovely at Christmas thanks to Jim Sheppard for all his work on this project.  The committee are happy to support this initiative in future years.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All to note

 

4.

Memorial update

No contact with the college yet on the metal work for the memorial.  AMP to organise collection of the wreath asap.

 

 

 

AMP

5.

SCARECROW EVENT 2015

a)    Boundary Run  

We have found a new running club has been set up in the village and the leader, Chris Thompson, has been in touch with Dave Whelan.  It is hoped they can work together to organise the proposed boundary run.

b) ChildrenŐs Games

JBr to obtain childrenŐs games equipment as listed in last months minutes.

JB outlined the cost of labels for meddles Ł2.50 for 56 stickers from an educational source.

 

c) Business commitment form

Mike Beecham of northowram.org has proposed a booklet for the village.  A type of directory which would cover all the organisations and activities happening in Northowram.  A publication of this type which would contain a double page spread on the Scarecrow Event, would completely change the type of publication we would need to publish each year (Quote Ł225 for 1000 maps).  Therefore a hold has been put on canvasing business for now.  AMP & RP to return to Mike Beecham for further discussions.

 

d) Banners; Caravan signwriting & Plaques/sponsorship

AMP - Vinyl Signs in Shelf have quotes Ł30 per banner (8Ő x 2Ő). DR to liaise with Shelf company to get price for vinyl wrap and see if a reduction is possible for the banner price.

SCG to enquire with a company in Hipperholme.

 

e) Scarecrow Jewellery

The order is now ready for distribution.  MJV & AML to complete payment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

DW

 

 

JBr

 

JB

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AMP & RP

 

 

 

 

DR

SCG

 

 

 

MJV&AML

6.

Re-assignment of Carol DeeksŐ Roles

A replacement needs to be nominated to cover Carol DeeksŐ role and responsibilities.  The following was agreed unanimously:-

á      RP for bidding process

á      PC for Charity registration and appointment of auditor.

 

 

 

 

RP & PC

All to note

7.

Any other business:-

á      Advertising AMP & HS to co-ordinate all advertising and news releases.

á      Notice board to be devised.  The Village Society may be interested in being involved in this.  AMP & RP to discuss with Mike Beecham.

 

 

 

AMP & HS

 

AMP & RP

All to note

8.

Date, Time and Venue of next meeting:

á      Tuesday 10th February 2015 7.30pm at The Shoulder of Mutton

á      Tuesday 10th March 2015 7.30pm at Northowram Club

á      Tuesday 14th April 2015 7.30pm at The Windmill Tavern

á      Tuesday 21st April 2015 7.30pm at The Queen Victoria

á      Tuesday 28th April 2015 7.30pm at The Yew Tree Inn

á      Tuesday 12th May 2015 7.30pm at the Shoulder of Mutton

á      Tuesday 11th August 2015 7.30 Subgroup meets for bids – venue tbc.

á      Tuesday 18th August 2015 7.30pm at The Yew Tree Inn

á      Tuesday 15th September 2015 7.30pm AGM at Northowram Club

2015 Northowram Scarecrow Festival 2nd, 3rd and 4th May 2015.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All to note