Notes of Northowram Scarecrow Festival

Committee meeting

Scarecrow12th March 2013

Shoulder of Mutton

Present:

Name:

Initials:

 

Andy Garrett

Richard Priestley

Sarah Priestley

Alison MacGrath Priestley

Steve Amos

Helen Silson

Sheila Hewitt

Mike Turner

Jan Burrell

David Robinson

Andrea Warrington

Peter Caffrey

AG

ERP

SP

AMP

SA

HS

SH

MT

JB

DR

AW

PC

Attending:

Paul Slade

Jonathan Mitchell

Anne Smith

Kay Panesar

PS

JM

AS

KP

           

Agenda item no:

 

Notes:

 

Action:

1.

Apologies:-

Jonny Jowet

Dave Midgley

Sally Garrett

 

2. a)

Notes from meeting 12th February 2013 – approved

 

 

2. b)

Matters arising:–

There were no matters arising from the minutes of the February meeting that are not covered on the agenda.

 

 

 

 

3.

ChairŐs report covered the visit by the Local Authority to the memorial site on 5/3/13.  Those attending were:-

Andy Garrett

Sally Garrett

Adrian Clee (Northowram Landscapes)

Alison MacGrath Priestley

Peter Caffrey

Ann Holdsworth (Calderdale Council)

 

All the above met with Ann Holdsworth from the Local Council at the memorial site.  AH explained that she was not part of the Planning Dept but had been asked to view the site from her background as a Chartered Horticultural Architect and that she would feed back to the Planning Dept after her visit.

 

The plans were looked at in detail and AC explained the materials to be used.  AH made some suggestions about the scope of the site, suggesting we looked wider than the existing space, however it was agreed that as no funding was available from the Council for remedial work to the pavement area we would refrain from expanding the area to minimise costs.

 

AH also suggested dry stone walls again this was rejected due to the cost and the vulnerability of stone to theft in this setting.

 

Finally the specifics of the wall design were discussed and it was agreed that the sectioned wall with pillars and wrought iron railings would be used but that interior walls/pillars would be dropped.

 

AH was thanked for attending and she asked for detailed scale plans to be drawn up which she would take back to colleagues in Planning.  PC pointed out that we needed clarity around whether planning permission was needed in order that we could move forward with the project asap.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All to note

4.1

 

4.2

 

 

 

 

 

4.3

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4.4

 

 

4.5

4.6

 

4.7

 

Memorial progress as above

 

The letters asking for donations of raffle prizes and sponsorship for app and leaflet have gone out along with the registration forms.  HS and JM to give registration forms out to customers.  AMP sent to School newsletter and AW to do piece to update parents via school newsletter.

 

Activities:-

i)      Routes and maps along are now complete. 

ii)    AMP to transfer the questions to a publisher document that can be printed off for sale.

iii)   ChildrenŐs games & activities

iv)   Cake stalls

v)     Disco

vi)   Live music

vii)  3 legged walk

viii)         Car boot sale

ix)   Parade

All the above are now collated in a schedule of events/activities.  These will be transferred to a programme which will be published on the website, app and in hard copy posters.  (see programme)

 

The app development was intended to be further ahead at this point, however until the schedule was completed the information was not available to put on there.  AMP to collate the information and pass on to Simon Warrington and Raj Panaser

 

Registration forms – see 4.2 above

 

Risk assessment and Volunteers discussed AMP to forward schedule to SA for Risk assessment

 

Stakeholder involvement in covered throughout the agenda by the wide representation attending the meeting and involved in the planned event.

 

 

 

 

 

HS & JM

AW

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AMP

All to note

 

 

 

 

 

AMP

 

 

 

 

AMP

 

 

5.

Any other business:-

a)    AW raised the issue of floats and prizes for the event? In the absence of the Financial representatives it was agreed to put this issue on the agenda for April

b)    Banners:- AMP had one quote for 8x4 and 6x2 banners.  It was agreed that other quotes should be obtained and four banners ordered asap.

 

 

AMP

6.

Date, Time and Venue of next meeting:

 

Tuesday 9th April 2013, 7.30pm at The Yew Tree

 

 

All to note