Notes of Northowram Scarecrow Festival Committee meeting

11th March 2014

The Shoulder of Mutton

Present:

Name:

Initials:

 

Richard Priestley

Alison (MacGrath) Priestley

Sally Garrett

Jonny Jowett

Molly J Varley

Ann-Marie Luther

Shelia Hewitt

Peter Caffrey

Steve Amos

Jan Burrell

Carol Deeks

RP

AMP

SCG

JJ

MJV

AML

SH

PC

SA

JB

CD

 

Attending:

There were no members of the public attending this meeting

           

Agenda item no:

 

Notes:

 

Action:

1.

Apologies:-

Andy Garrett, Rachel & David Robinson, David Midgley,

Julie Briscoe, Sarah Priestley, Helen Silson.  Apologies were also received from the School as a representative was not available to attend.

 

 

2. a)

Notes from meeting 11th February 2014 – approved.

 

 

2. b)

Matters arising:–

Item 2 b) – Meeting arranged at bank, difficulty in getting a time when all four could attend explained.

 

Item 4 d) – MJV to speak to the church representative and confirm that the Scarecrow Committee would support the Christmas Fair but would not lead it.

 

 

MJV/AML/DM/JJ

 

 

 

MJV

3.

The ChairŐs report:-

 

Due to Andy GarrettŐs absence the Vice Chair, RP, chaired the meeting.  Therefore there was no update on the Boys Brigade involvement in the Scarecrow Event.  In addition SG to follow up on progress with the map.

 

 

 

 

 

AG

SG

 

4.

a) Memorial update - PC updated he has been assured that the stone would be ready for 1st May.   

b) Funding requests - Bids have been received for funding with projects.  A sub-group has been established to take this matter forward and they will meet for the first time at 7pm on 8/4/14.  Their recommendations will then be brought to the full meeting for consideration and validation.

c) Newsletter - 2nd issue of newsletter amended and is now ready for distribution.

 

All to note

 

 

 

 

All to note

 

 

MJV/AML

5.

Scarecrow Event 2014

a)    A request for schedules of activities to be sent in.  AMP to present a combined schedule to the next meeting.

 

b)    PC to clarify around access to school for JBr in regard to childrenŐs activities.

 

c)    Local crafts and produce to be encouraged and supported to have stalls at the Scarecrow Event.

 

d)    Advertising – adverts to be placed in the brochure as last year and AMP to contact local newsletters to promote the event. 

 

e)    Agreed that the newsletter serves the purpose of leafleting the area and that duplication was not required.

 

f)      Banners – AMP to forward artwork to JB for action. 

 

g)    Maps and Trail Questions – SG to chase up map and AMP to work with AG on questions for the trail this year.

 

 

AMP

 

 

PC/JBr

 

 

All to note

 

 

 

AMP

 

 

All to note

 

AMP/JB

 

 

SG/AG/AMP

 

6.

 

Any other business:-

á      Risk assessment – schedule needs to be with SA by mid April at the latest for the Risk Assessment to be developed and action taken in time for the event.

 

 

 

 

AMP/SA

 

7.

 

Date, Time and Venue of next meeting:

 

Tuesday 8th April 2014, 7.30pm at Northowram Club

 

 

 

 

All to note