Notes of Northowram Scarecrow Festival Committee meeting

11th February 2014

The Yew Tree Inn

Present:

Name:

Initials:

 

Andy Garrett

Jonny Jowett

Richard Priestley

Alison (MacGrath) Priestley

Sally Garrett

Molly J Varley

Ann-Marie Luther

Shelia Hewitt

Helen Silson

Peter Caffrey

Sarah Priestley

Julie Briscoe

Dave Midgley

Steve Amos

Jan Burrel

AG

JJ

RP

AMP

SCG

MJV

AML

SH

HS

PC

SP

JBr

DM

SA

JB

Attending:

Paul Slade

Michael Booth

PS

MB (School Governor)

           

Agenda item no:

 

Notes:

 

Action:

1.

Apologies:-

Rachel & David Robinson

Carol Deeks

 

 

2. a)

Notes from meeting 14th January 2014 – approved.

 

 

2. b)

Matters arising:–

Item 6 - Alterations to the bank account to be undertaken asap.

 

 

JJ/DM/MJV/AML

 

3.

The ChairŐs report:-

 

The Chair highlighted the very positive response we have received already from the School, Shibden Mill Inn and other local businesses in response to the letter sent out in January. 

 

 

 

 

All to note

 

4.

a) Memorial update

PC updated that the plinth has been prepared, target date for placing in situ is end of March.  Discussion around the work required to prepare the site.  Shrubs (that will not grow high) to be obtained to complete the project once the stone is in place.

b) Funding requests

Suggestion from School to develop a local produce market very well received.  Copy of letter with bidding form passed to MB to take to school.

c) Newsletter

2nd issue of newsletter drafted and discussed.  Suggested amendments to be included in final draft.

d) Christmas Fair

There was no representation from the Methodist Church to clarify this proposal.  Discussion around the appropriateness of the Scarecrow Committee leading on this.  It was felt that a sub-committee could be established, or another community group (i.e. Community Centre) could take on the role, however being part of the ŇScarecrow EventÓ was confusing.  It was unanimously agreed to remove updates on the Christmas fair from the newsletter and to re-visit this after talks with Methodist Church.  This committee is happy to support whatever decision is reached.

 

 

 

 

 

All to note

 

 

 

 

All to note

 

 

 

 

 

AMP

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All to note

5.

Scarecrow Event 2014

á      Letter to business – sent out by end of January.

á      There have been a number of expressions of interest received by email as highlighted in the ChairŐs report above.  These responses and offers of support were very well received and were seen as positive.  They include:-

¤   More involvement of the Sports and Activity Centre welcome and AG to invite the Boys Brigade to join in the parade.

¤   HS to feedback to Arial Ways that they can be involved by advertising or donating a prize or volunteering.

á      ChildrenŐs activities discussed – AMP to forward last yearŐs programme to JBr as a starting point for 2014.

á      Stalls – There will be an emphasis on local crafts and produce, stall holders to pay Ł10 per table into the fund.

á      Car boot sale to be held on Sunday at Shoulder and Yew Tree and The Club simultaneously. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AG

 

 

HS

 

AMP/JBr

 

All to note

 

SG/SH

 

6.

 

Any other business:-

á      Leaflets – AML suggested a leaflet drop small, concise and giving brief information on the event.  AMP to develop and AML & MJV to deliver.

á      New banners to be obtained and a banner to be placed on memorial site.

á      Scarecrows as advertising space – AMP to cover in newsletter.

á      Maps to be developed – AMP to email Richard re map

 

 

 

 

AMP/AML/MJV

 

 

 

AMP

AMP

 

7.

 

Date, Time and Venue of next meeting:

 

Tuesday 11th March 2014, 7.30pm at The Shoulder of Mutton

 

 

 

All to note