Notes of Northowram Scarecrow Festival Committee meeting

      10th March 2015

Northowram Club    

 

Present:

Name:

Initials:

 

 

 

Richard Priestley

Alison (MacGrath) Priestley

Molly J Varley

Ann-Marie Luther

Sally Garrett

Jan Burrell

Sheila Hewitt

David Robinson

Lynn Jagger

Steve Amos

Julie Briscoe

Helen Silson

Jordana Gallanders

Connor Manning

RP

AMP

MJV

AML

SCG

JB

SH

DR

LJ

SA

JBr

HS

JG

CM

 

 

 

Attending:

 

Steve & Andrea Collingwood volunteers.

Ian Marshall, regarding the Boundary Fun Run/Walk.

Agenda item no:

 

Notes:

 

Action:

1.

Apologies:- Andy Garrett and Peter Caffrey

 

 

2. a)

Notes from meeting 10th February 2015 – approved.

 

 

2. b)

Matters arising – referring to item 7e) under A.O.B. It was agreed that we did require rosettes for this yearŐs event.  LJ agreed to organise and donate them.  Thanks to Lynn for that generous offer.

   

 

 

All to note

 

3.

The Deputy Chair welcomed everyone and gave the ChairŐs apologies for not being able to attend.  RP updated on the Memorial which is now complete.  Everyone expressed their liking for the poppy wreath which is the final touch made by the students at Calderdale CollegeŐs Motivate Centre.  Articles from the college magazine, the Courier and the Scarecrow Newsletter were circulated and thanks to Motivate and Calderdale College reiterated.

 

AMP to enquire with college about the possibility of getting plaques made.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All to note

 

 

AMP

4.

a) Boundary Run

Ian Marshall attended the meeting from the Running Club.  He outlined what was needed to organise the Boundary Fun Run/Walk.  Start and Finish to be at The Sports & Activities Club Fields at 11am on Monday 4th May.  Route to be decided – AMP to forward Dave WhelanŐs projections to IM.  Pub Licensees and HS agreed to provide bottles of water – drink stations to be set up on the route.  A registration form to be published in March Newsletter and uploaded to website.

b) Pool Tournament

A knockout pool tournament to be run over the Scarecrow w/e.  Knockout matches in each pub, 1st and 2nd place winners to  quarter in the Shoulder on Saturday 2nd.  Semi Final in the Yew Tree on Sunday 3rd and Final in Queen Victoria on Monday 4th.  Winners trophy to be donated by RobinsonŐs Farm Shop. A sign-up sheet to be developed and circulated to all pubs.

 

 

 

SCG

SH

JG/CM

HS

IM

 

All to note

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AMP

 

5.

March Newsletter

A draft of the March Newsletter was circulated and discussed.

 

AMP

 

6.

SCARECROW EVENT 2015

a) ChildrenŐs Games

Games to be purchased.  JBr has circulated a poster asking for volunteers to help on Sunday and Monday.  Tombola prizes required.  Advertise venue better this year.

 

b) Local Involvement/suggestions

A Street market is to be held this year arising from a suggestion made by a member of the public.  An expression of interest form to be published on the reverse of the March Newsletter.

 

c) Business commitment/village booklet

The response to the business commitment form has been tremendous this year.  All advertising space sold and information around planned activities collated.  Thanks to AML & MJV for their leg work on this.

 

Mike Beecham of northowram.org has applied for funding to develop a directory type village booklet.  As it is not assured that this will be ready in time for the May weekend, it is proposed that we follow the same format as last year for our programme however it was agreed that we would support MB in this by taking out a half page advert on the Scarecrow Event.

 

d) Banners; Caravan signwriting : Plaques/sponsorship

Banners brought to meeting and distributed.

DR now to liaise with Vinyl Demand in Shelf for the caravan signage.  Quote for Ł260 + VAT agreed.

AMP to liaise with College/Motivate re plaques for memorial site and for recipients of funding.

 

e) Advertising/News Releases

HS has provided information for press releases to the Courier and other local publications re the memorial and plans for this yearŐs event.

 

f)  Scarecrow Jewellery

Discussion around when, where and how much the Jewellery is to be sold.  Priority to be given to the Caravan for selling it but other venues may take a stock of jewellery to sell but it needs to be monitored.

 

 

 

 

JBr

 

AMP

 

 

 

 

AMP

 

 

 

 

 

AMP

 

 

 

 

 

AMP

All to note

 

 

 

 

DR

 

AMP

 

 

 

 

HS

 

 

 

 

7.

Charitable Status & Audit arrangements

PC dealing with arrangements for an audit of accounts.  This item deferred as PC not present.

 

 

 

PC

7.

Any other business:-

a)    Letter from Community Centre thanking the committee for the funding they had been allocated last year and including pictures of the re-decoration done with it was circulated.

 

b)    A Poster has been developed and circulated for comment.  AMP to amend and distribute with Newsletter 

 

c)    Raffle tickets, collection buckets to be taken round this year.  ID badge to be organised for those undertaking this task.  All pubs to be made aware of what ID to look for.

 

d)    AML & MJV have suggested an envelope be presented to each venue promising a donation to enable discretion.

 

 

 

 

Al to note

 

 

MJV/AML/MP

 

 

 

All to note

8.

Date, Time and Venue of next meeting:

á      Tuesday 14th April 2015 7.30pm at The Windmill Tavern

á      Tuesday 21st April 2015 7.30pm at The Queen Victoria

á      Tuesday 28th April 2015 7.30pm at The Yew Tree Inn

á      Tuesday 12th May 2015 7.30pm at the Shoulder of Mutton

á      Tuesday 11th August 2015 7.30 Subgroup meets for bids – venue tbc

á      Tuesday 18th August 2015 7.30pm at The Yew Tree Inn

á      Tuesday 15th September 2015 7.30pm AGM at Northowram Club

 

2015 Northowram Scarecrow Festival 2nd, 3rd and 4th May 2015.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All to note