Notes of Northowram Scarecrow Festival Committee meeting

10th February 2015

The Shoulder of Mutton

 

 

Present:

Name:

Initials:

 

 

 

Richard Priestley

Alison (MacGrath) Priestley

Molly J Varley

Jan Burrell

Peter Caffrey

Sheila Hewitt

Rachel Robinson

David Robinson

Lynn Jagger

RP

AMP

MJV

JB

PC

SH

RR

DR

LJ

 

 

 

Attending:

 

Steve & Andrea Collingwood volunteers.

Mike Beecham regarding the website/advertising.

Agenda item no:

 

Notes:

 

Action:

 

Kate Wileman, President Shibden WI and three members of the WI attended the January meeting.  The Chair has written to the WI and the letter was read to the meeting.

 

 

 

AG

1.

Apologies:- Andy Garrett, Sally Garrett, Steve Amos, Ann-Marie Luther, Helen Silson, Julie Briscoe.

 

 

2. a)

Notes from meeting 13th January 2015 – approved.

 

 

2. b)

Matters arising – there were no matters arising from the notes of the 13/1/15 meeting that are not covered on the agenda.   

 

All to note

 

3.

The Deputy Chair welcomed everyone and gave the ChairŐs apologies for not being able to attend.  As a result there is no ChairŐs report.

 

 

 

All to note

 

4.

Memorial update

The metal work for the memorial has been collected.  RP to organise its attachment to the stone asap.  Once done AMP to contact College again to organise a photo/press release re college input to the project.

 

 

 

 

 

RP&AMP

5.

SCARECROW EVENT 2015

a)    Boundary Run  

Dave Whelan sends apologies but he is unable to commit to organising the boundary run due to work and family commitments. AMP to contact Chris Thompson re the new running club taking this on.

 

b) ChildrenŐs Games

School have confirmed same arrangements as last year for childrenŐs games. 

 

JBr has drafted a poster to be circulated at school re volunteers.

Emma Burrell has volunteered to cover Sunday on ChildrenŐs games.

 

c) Business commitment form

Mike Beecham of northowram.org attended the meeting re the proposed a booklet for the village.  Grants being applied for funding for this publication, therefore whilst we support the booklet and will be taking up the opportunity to be included it was agreed that we would go with the same format as last year for our brochure as the booklet may not be out in time.  History Society to have a table at the Scarecrow Event to attract new blood to the group.

 

d) Banners; Caravan signwriting & Plaques/sponsorship

DR has liaised with Vinyl Demand in Shelf for banners and signage for the caravan.  Problems with enlarging the logo being worked on.  AMP to put Mike Beecham in touch with Vinyl Demand to deal with this issue.

 

e) Scarecrow Jewellery

Stock received with a very nice letter read to the meeting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

AMP

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JBr

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AMP/DR

 

 

6.

Charitable Status & Audit arrangements

PC updated on enquiries into receiving charitable status.  We do not meet the requirements for a Ł5k annual turnover to achieve charitable status.  However we can register as a charity with HMRC and receive gift aid.  PC to progress this and arrangements for an audit of accounts.

 

 

 

 

 

PC

 

7.

Any other business:-

á      Application for community funding from Local Authority for Christmas Lights and to cover printing costs.

á      Notice board to be devised.  The Village Society may be interested in being involved in this.  RP to discuss with Mike Beecham.

á      News items and press releases – HS to progress.

á      Community Centre and St MathewŐs Church to co-ordinate events this year.  MJV to liaise with Community Centre.

á      Do we want LJ and the Riding School to sponsor the rosettes again this year? JBr, JB and SGC to liaise and let LJ know.

 

 

 

PC & HS

 

 

RP

HS

 

MJV

 

 

JBr/JB/SGC

8.

Date, Time and Venue of next meeting:

á      Tuesday 10th March 2015 7.30pm at Northowram Club

á      Tuesday 14th April 2015 7.30pm at The Windmill Tavern} venue to

á      Tuesday 21st April 2015 7.30pm at The Queen Victoria  } be checked

á      Tuesday 28th April 2015 7.30pm at The Yew Tree Inn

á      Tuesday 12th May 2015 7.30pm at the Shoulder of Mutton

á      Tuesday 11th August 2015 7.30 Subgroup meets for bids – venue tbc.

á      Tuesday 18th August 2015 7.30pm at The Yew Tree Inn

á      Tuesday 15th September 2015 7.30pm AGM at Northowram Club

 

2015 Northowram Scarecrow Festival 2nd, 3rd and 4th May 2015.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All to note